We had a great schedule and turnout for the St. Louis Storytelling festival – the 37th year is now complete. I spoke to a few people who really enjoyed the experience and wondered what to do between now and May 3-6, 2017.
- St Louis Gateway Storytellers meets on the fourth Tuesday of odd months. Address and schedule is here.
- Riverwinds Storytellers covers the greater St. Louis area, but with a focus on the Illinois side of the river. (They love and accept Missouri members as well.) Their website is here.
- Second Tuesdays is a monthly storytelling get-together on the second Tuesday of every month from 7:00-9:00 pm. The event starts at 7:20 pm on the dot, but we recommend arriving at 7:00 pm to get a drink and a seat! Second Tuesdays is held at a different location every month. For more information visit Second Tuesdays on Facebook or Twitter.
- So Life Stories meets occasionally, and they produce a podcast from their events. Details may be available here.
- Story Swap is a monthly program held on the 2nd Monday of each month at the McClay branch of the St. Charles County Library, 6:30 PM. Small group, very flexible, and a great place to refine and get feedback on stories you’re trying to develop. Or just come and listen. Visit http://www.youranswerplace.org/ and search for Story Swap.
- Serving the state but headquartered in Columbia, Missouri, is MO-Tell. Website is at this location.